Monday, September 21, 2009

Good-by Harry

 
My friend, Harry, died. I always think of him around this time because his birthday is approaching. I first met Harry many years ago when I took an empathic counseling class which he taught. His feedback to me gave my confidence a real boost. He was a sad man overall, physically depressed most of his life, yet trying to do the loving thing even as he often felt unloveable. He worked a lot with grief, dying, and AIDS. Harry did much good in the world--I think he brought grace and forgiveness into many lives. It's funny how many of us who try to be "good" people have issues with low/no self worth and trouble finding real love. We have to keep remembering how important the journey is and not the destination. The world has lost a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment