Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stars Are The Thoughts Of The Eternal



As a child I loved to lie on the grass in the dark, seeing, feeling the stars spinning---or kneeling on my bed at night while my family was sleeping, looking up to the sky---stories in my head of the goddess who made the stars, of the Goddess who created and moved and was made of stars---the Star Keeper.
The center of this piece was sketched on a plain piece of muslin. I then filled it entirely with hand embroidery of small, repeated chain and stem stitches. It was attached to batik fabric, then more embroidery and glass beads were added over and on the stitches and fabric.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite pieces. I knew this piece was very intricate but seeing that close-up makes me realize it even more. It is beatiful and I like the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete