Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Long Hot Summer

Temperatures here have been in the triple digits  for weeks, the humidity and heat have pervaded everything, and I have truly cooled off only in the shower.  AND my allergies have gone wild!  I've been hot, sweaty, tired, sleepy, sneezing, blowing my nose, coughing, headachy....I went into hibernation and am just now emerging.   Weather reports  this is the hottest and driest summer we've had here since 1930.  Everything is dry and dead.  I am so grateful that we (and I) now have air conditioning, electric fans, and running water.  I have always been awed by the daily hardships, past and present, of just staying alive in the world for most people.  This summer has been a good reminder to me of how lucky I am.   
       

No comments:

Post a Comment