Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Trip Around The Sun!

     My birthday quickly approaches--another time of year I contemplate my life.  Have I lived my beliefs and values? Is kindness more quickly my reaction to the unpleasant than irritation and anger?  Am I learning and teaching and learning?  I want to be a woman of compassion, wisdom, and courage--one who aids in making the world better and who passes this on to the next generation.

 "Shelter From The Storm" is  17 1/2" x 18 1/2", hand appliqued, embroidered, and beaded.  Another goddess piece, reminding me of Mary, Kwan Yin, nature spirits....It's a Bob Dylan song, "'Come in,' she said. 'I'll give you shelter from the storm...'"   

    

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sue! I wish you the very best life has to offer, today, tomorrow and always. Peace and many blessings, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your "About Me", I just had to become one of your "groupie" follwers!

    Too tired, too sick to say anything witty, but I'll be back!

    ~ Ronda

    ReplyDelete